Software for Work Devices
The University of Washington provides several programs either for free or at a discounted cost.
- Microsoft Office and Windows, free for use on UW owned equipment (ie purchased with a UW budget)
- Sophos Anti-Virus, free for all employees and students
- Adobe Programs, available at a reduced cost
- Endnote, available at a reduced cost
- Apple software, free for use on UW owned equipment
- FlowJo, available at a reduced cost
- SAS, available at a reduced cost
- SPSS, available at a reduced cost
- STATA, available at a reduced cost
For more information about these software titles and more see the UWare webpage: http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/wares/uware/
The Department of Medicine does not provide any group licenses for free beyond those provided by the University of Washington, however some units have pre-purchased special group licenses for their needs. If you are looking for one of these software titles we suggest checking with your unit leadership first to verify that another license is not already available.
Software for Personal Devices
As of January 2015 the Microsoft Office suite of software is available to all employees for use on up to 5 personal devices.
For more information on this agreement check the UW-IT website here: https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/wares/uware/microsoft/microsoft-software-for-personal-use-by-faculty-and-staff/
The University of Washington also provides Sophos Anti-Virus for free to all employees for use on personal devices. More Info: http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/wares/uware/sophos-anti-virus-software/