Simple Dilution 2
- Food coloring stock bottle set
- Spectrophotometer or light table
- Set of colored filters
- Test tubes & test tube rack
- Graduated cylinder
- Eye dropper
- Unknown [record # on unknown please]
- Water & paper towels
This is it. this is all you need to solve the problem. No other materials are available.
- as accurately as you can, what is the concentration of the unknown?
- how did you get there? List all of the steps and reasonings. Why did you choose the dilutions that you used? could you have used a different series?
- you may talk amoung yourselves and other groups. this is not a competition.
- into how much water would one have to dilute one drop of concentrated dye from the stock bottle to get the dilution of their unknown?
- how dilute a solution is it possible to mix and still detect above the blank? with and without the colored filter?