Tomoko Sairenji was selected by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Foundation as one of ten recipients of the 2018 New Faculty Scholar Award.
This award is designed to be a catalyst for developing future leaders in STFM and other areas of academic family medicine. The program provides scholarships to the STFM Annual Spring Conference for STFM members who have served at least 2 years but no more than 4 years as full-time faculty and who exhibit outstanding leadership potential. Since its inception in 1988, this program has supported the attendance of 143 new faculty at this conference. Attendance at national meetings is one way to help develop leaders and leadership skills. As a New Faculty Scholar, Tomoko will receive:
- Up to $1,000 in travel and hotel expenses, as well as funding for the registration fees to attend the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Advising—a seasoned coach will be assigned to help you become a leader in STFM
- Networking—interact and expand your professional network with STFM leaders and members
- Scholarly activity—present a session at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Recognition—be recognized at special events, such as the STFM Foundation Reception