The FMIG is a student led organization. Student leaders are self-selected and decide which projects the group will tackle each quarter. They are the driving force behind the development, implementation, and maintenance of any new projects and partnerships, with support from faculty and staff.
Being a leader doesn't have to be a large commitment of time and energy; it really depends on the type of project you get involved with. To get involved, attend a quarterly leaders meeting, talk to other leaders, or contact Ivan Henson (firstname.lastname@example.org), the staff coordinator.
Responsibilities of leaders vary from project to project, but here is a basic outline of a leader's responsibility by project type:
One Time Events
Before the Event
- Invite the guests (residency, individual physicians for panels, etc.)
- Invite classmates (advertise the event among your peers)
- Plan food for the event, if applicable
- Assist in gathering supplies, if applicable
Day of Event
- Help prepare/set up food
- Help prepare/set up supplies
- Introduce guests / open event
- Help with event clean up
After the Event
- Send thank-you notes to guests, if applicable
- Return any receipts for reimbursement
Responsibilities vary greatly longitudinal activities, but obviously require more of a commitment than one-time events. In general leaders are responsible for inviting guests and participants, advertising, providing event support, and coordinating supplies/food.