We encourage you to consider our award-winning Targeted Rural Underserved Track (TRUST). The aim of this program is a focused medical school experience in underserved rural or underserved small city care, with the hope that physician graduates will return to practice in the underserved rural towns and underserved small cities of WWAMI (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
As a TRUST student, you will have many opportunities to experience the joys and satisfaction of rural or small city practice:
- Spend 1-2 weeks in a summer experience before you begin Foundations courses.
- Return to your continuity community for short periods throughout the Foundation Phase (first 18 months) of your medical training.
- Complete one or more selective courses or events during each term of the Foundation Phase with a focus on underserved rural or underserved small city practice as required at your Foundation campus
- Attend the TRUST Leadership Retreat in May/June of your Foundations phase.
- Return to your TRUST continuity community for two other key continuity experiences:
- Participate in our Rural Underserved Opportunities Program (RUOP), a one-month program during the summer months of your Foundation Phase
- Participate in WWAMI Rural Integrated Training Experience (WRITE) during 18+ weeks of the Patient Care Phase of your medical school training
If you are strongly interested in underserved medicine in a rural or small city, you should apply to TRUST. If you have further questions, please get in touch with your regional contact from the list below.
|David Evans, MD
Assistant Dean for Rural Programs
|Eastern Washington||Western Washington|