For a complete list of all Underserved Pathway Policies including important deadlines please visit: Underserved Pathway Policies (also linked below)
For students to receive acknowledgement at graduation, graduating Underserved Pathway students must meet the following requirements by April 1 of their graduating year:
- Minimum of 8 online curriculum modules and associated activities
- Who Are the Underserved is required for everyone
- One meeting per quarter with Underserved Pathway/TRUST mentor (phone, email, in-person)
- 2 credits of non-clinical selectives focusing on underserved populations or issues
- R/UOP, GHIP, and/or preclinical preceptorship in underserved setting
- III focused on issue affecting underserved population(s). III completed on R/UOP or GHIP automatically qualify.
- 12 credits clinical courses in underserved setting or serving vulnerable population(s)
- 24 hours of community service/service learning
Preclinical and clinical courses you can take to fulfill UP course requirements.
Learn about the issues surrounding people who are underserved.
Work with a physician mentor working with underserved populations.
Complete a III project with an underserved focus.
Learn about ways you can fulfill the pathway service requirements.
Policies, Deadlines, & FAQ: