Institution:Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center
Description:JOIN OUR TEAM – MD/DO PART TIME Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center (Primary care clinic within Country Doctor Community Health Centers)
Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) originally founded by the Seattle Black Panther Party more than 40 years ago in Seattle’s Central Area. Our founding principles of social justice live on today: we provide high-quality, caring, and culturally-appropriate primary health care that addresses the needs of our patients regardless of their ability to pay. We care for patients from around the region and the world, of all ages, gender identities, and abilities, including people with and without health insurance. Our family physicians and nurse practitioners work with a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and dynamic staff who share our commitment to health equity. We are currently hiring a passionate and mission-driven family medicine physician to join our team part-time.
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
- Graduate of an accredited family medicine residency program
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State independent medical license and prescriptive authority
- Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (or eligible)
- Preferred: At least two years of post-residency experience working in a fast-paced outpatient community primary care clinic caring for culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse patients
- Preferred: At least two years of post-residency experience as an attending in inpatient family medicine and/or obstetrics managing labor and delivery
- Preferred: Personal or professional experience working with communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, LGBTQ communities, and/or patients struggling with addiction
- Preferred: Spanish, Amharic, Tigrinya, or Somali language skills
- Superb clinical judgment and patient-centered interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to solving problems and improving patient care
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Efficient management of electronic health records and ability to adapt to new and evolving information systems
RESPONSIBILITIES: The family medicine physician will provide high-quality acute, chronic, and preventive patient care, including:
- Care for an existing panel of patients and new patients of all ages
- Prenatal care for low-risk patients and for high-risk patients in collaboration with maternal fetal medicine specialists
- Gender-affirming care for patients who identify as transgender or non-binary
- Office-based opioid treatment for patients with opiate use disorder
- Basic primary care procedures, including but not limited to skin biopsies and excisions, IUD and Nexplan-on placement and removal, joint aspirations and injections, and toenail removals
- Eventual opportunities to mentor and teach family medicine residents, medical students, and pre-med students
- Inpatient family medicine and labor and delivery attending responsibilities if desired
SCHEDULE: Specific weekly schedule is flexible but will include regular extended-hours care, with potential to include urgent care shifts on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will begin in August 2019 and plan to stay for at least three years.
SALARY: $150,514 - $198,600 (Per 40hr workweek – salary will be pro-rated based on hours worked) Our salaries are on a step system based on years of experience and are not negotiable.
BENEFITS: We provide a robust suite of benefits to all providers working 20 hours a week or more. Benefits include the choice of three medical plans (2 PPO and 1 HMO), two dental plans, short-term and long-term disability insurance programs, as well as life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. In addition, employees have access to flexible spending accounts, subsidies up to 50 % of the cost of an ORCA pass, and a generous safe harbor 401K plan with a 3 % base employer contribution plus an additional 2% discretionary match, depending on the amount of employee contributions.
HOW TO APPLY: We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Friday April 12, 2019. Please send a cover letter (see below), resume, and list of references to: Human Resources Department, e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to refer to “MD/DO Part Time Carolyn Downs” in the subject of your email.
Please address the following in your cover letter:
Country Doctor Community Health Centers is passionate about serving patients of all ethnicities, races, genders, gender identities, languages and backgrounds, and employing individuals who are equally committed to this mission. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, we strive to promote policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with patients, with our coworkers, and with the community.
How do you think your past or current experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our patients and staff?