Upcoming Faculty Development Webinars
Every month, the Residency Network hosts an online development session that is open to all faculty members at our affiliated programs. All webinars are on Wednesdays from 8:00 – 9:00 AM PST unless otherwise noted.
The 2017 webinar dates are: January 4, February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6.
Webinar Recordings and Materials
Materials and recording will be posted following each webinar.
- March 1 – Teaching Office-Based Couples Counseling Skills: Enhancing Residents’ Professional and Personal Relationship Skills, Jan Carlton, MD and Patricia Stern, PhD
- April 5 – Advocacy Curriculum, Chris Baumert, MD and Ardis Davis, MSW
- May 3 – Direct Observation, Dr. Judy Pauwels
Death Pronouncements and Coping with the Dying of Our Patients: It’s Not Just a Protocol – Dr. Lucille (Lu) Marchand, 12/07/2016
- Article: Death Pronouncement: Survival Tips for Residents
- Article: Death Pronouncements: Using a Teachable Moment in End-of-Life Care Residency Training
- Article: Death Pronouncements: Surviving and Thriving Through Stories
- Article: Incorporating the Arts and Humanities in Palliative Medicine Education
Webinar Recording, Slides, and Handout: Note, you will need to log-in with your UW NetID to access the link. If you have questions, contact Marcia McGuire, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar Recording and Summary/Press Release Document: Note, you will need to log-in with your UW NetID to access the recording and summary/press release document. If you have questions, contact Marcia McGuire, email@example.com.
Dr. Greg Sanders, Sea Mar Community Health Centers – NIPDD Project: Where Newer FMRs Got Their Original Faculty, and How They Developed Them
Dr. Erick Isaacson, Kadlec Familiy Medicine Residency – NIPDD Project: Retaining and Recruiting Faculty – Is There Hope for Work, Life Balance?
- Dr. Justin Glass, Family Medicine Residency Idaho Boise
- Dr. Ned Vasquez, Family Medicine Residency Western Montana Missoula
- Dr. Rae Wright, Family Medicine Southwest Washington Vancouver
- Dr. Julie Taraday, Swedish Family Medicine Residency-Cherry Hill Seattle
Webinar Recording PEC Panel: PowerPoint Slides Supplemental PEC Materials – Please note, login with a UW NetID is required to access these materials on the NDRL. Please first ask your Residency Administrator/Coordinator about your program’s UW NetID; further questions can be routed to our Network Office.
Recording; BSQ Index and Minimums; Template Tracking Excel; BSQ Forms – Please note, login with a UW NetID is required to access these materials on the NDRL. Please first ask your Residency Administrator/Coordinator about your program’s UW NetID; further questions can be routed to our Network Office.
Orientation, Milestones, and Initial Assessment of New Interns – Dr. Cindy Works and Dr. Brian Veauthier, 06/11/14
The Milestone OSCEs and IEP Example discussed during the webinar have been posted to the NDRLhere can be accessed after logging in.
CCC Development – Lessons Learned from a Beta-test Site – Dr. Mike Geurin and Dr. Emily Colson, 01/08/14
- note that this recording does not include the first few minutes of the presentation due to technical difficulties; please reference the slide set for the first few slides