Phone: (206) 616-9253
AboutEnsuring all individuals are afforded the opportunity to attain the highest possible standard of health, regardless of one's social or economic position is essential to improving population health locally and globally. To facilitate this, it is critical to have a health workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the population and that healthcare professionals have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to identify and address the multitude of factors that impact individuals' and communities' health and well-being. Our work engages researchers, practitioners, patients, and communities to ensure health equity and facilitate diversity among all levels of the healthcare workforce. Through our studies on patient experiences, discrimination and health, and workforce diversity we aim to provide relevant and actionable insights to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
- Facilitating Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Health Workforce
- Racialized Experiences of People of Color Working in Long-Term Care Settings
- Multiracial Microaggressions in Healthcare Settings
- Educating Health Professionals to Address the Social Determinants of Health
- Snyder CR, Frogner BK, Skillman SM. Facilitating Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Health Workforce.. J Allied Health. 2018
- Snyder CR. Navigating in murky waters: How multiracial Black individuals cope with racism.. Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2016