UW Family Medicine Residency Mission:
We are a university-based residency program whose mission is to train and empower the next generation of family medicine leaders and educators to provide broad spectrum, team-based care in diverse communities and practice settings. We support intrinsic motivation, self-efficacy, and connectedness in a nurturing, individualized, and challenging learning environment that fosters a spirit of inquiry and self-reflection.
Our Core Values
- Resident Growth: Overcoming challenges and embracing the inherent uncertainty of medicine are essential to this period of intense personal and professional development.
- Social Justice: Promoting every person’s right to accessible, high quality, patient-centered health care.
- Scholarship: Discovering, translating, and disseminating knowledge where learners teach and teachers learn.
- Collaboration: Learning and delivering care as teams, bridging disciplines, specialties, and practice
environments. Our residents actively engage in the learning process and participate in the continuous improvement of our program.
- Supportive Work Environment: Creating a trusting workplace where residents, faculty and staff can think big, do good, have fun, and be their best selves.
- Family Medicine Identity: Celebrating the unique and revolutionary power of family medicine to meet the needs of patients, families, and communities both at home and abroad.
You must be logged in with your UW NetID to use Residency Tools