Community Partner Events
Thank you for your interest in planning an event to benefit UW Medicine. On this site, we offer a number of options to become involved, as well as some resources and advice.
From hosting a dinner party, to organizing a golf tournament, to donating proceeds from product sales, there are many ways to raise funds that help UW Medicine accelerate our work in patient care, education and research.
Types of Community Partner Events
Community Events. These are ticketed and registration-based events hosted by a third party that benefit UW Medicine. Whether it is a walk or a run, a wine-tasting or a crafts fair, community events are a great way to bring people together for a good cause.
Personal Campaigns. These events give individuals the power to do creative fundraising in a way meaningful to them. Personal campaigns often center around life events, including weddings, birthdays and memorials, and inspire the generosity of family and friends. Other ideas include taking a transcontinental bike trip or hosting an Oscars viewing party to benefit UW Medicine.
Challenge Events. These turn existing high-profile marathons, triathlons and cycling races into a fundraising opportunity. When one of our supporters decides to run in a marathon, his or her participation can directly benefit UW Medicine.
Remember: Giving is personal — find a unique and meaningful way to fundraise for UW Medicine.
How We Can Help
Your UW Medicine Advancement contact can help by:
- Offering advice and expertise on event planning and on how to accept donations.
- Providing access to our online donor giving site, Greater Giving, along with guidance on using it.
- Providing a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- Providing UW Medicine-related supplies, such as informational sheets.
- Helping match your event to the most appropriate UW Medicine department or program.
- Producing acknowledgment letters for individual donors.
- Posting your event on the UW Medicine Advancement website.
If you’re interested in hosting a community partner event, reach out to UW Medicine Advancement for more information. Thank you again for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.