Scholarships and Student Support Funds
Contributions, whether made to scholarships or other types of student support funds, are very important to our students. And donors have all sorts of reasons for helping our students: a tribute to a beloved mentor, for instance, or an appreciation of the high cost of a medical education.
We celebrated these generous contributors in April 2015 with the video, below, shown at our annual Scholarship Celebration. It offers the perspectives of medical students, donors and UW School of Medicine administrators, who spoke about the profound impact philanthropy can have on medical education.
You can read more about the inspiring stories behind gifts to scholarships and student support funds, segmented by different programs, below. Our thanks to all the contributors to these programs.
- M.D. scholarships/funds
- MSRTP (Medical Student Research Training Program) scholarships/funds
- R/UOP (Rural/Underserved Opportunities Program) scholarships/funds
- MEDEX Northwest scholarships/funds
- MSTP (Medical Scientist Training Program or the M.D.-Ph.D. program) scholarships/funds
- Laboratory Medicine and Medical Technology Program scholarships/funds
- Other UW Medicine scholarships and student support funds