Billing & Insurance
Billing Office: (206) 616-1881
Referral Coordinator: (206) 616-7596
Hall Health Tax ID Number (TIN): 91-1220843
Information for Students
For information about other health insurance plans that cover services at Hall Health, visit our Insurance page.
- Learn how to obtain health insurance under the Affordable Care Act
- Information for international students about the US health care system and how to to obtain care
- FAQs about the Affordable Care Act
NOTE: If you are purchasing insurance through a health insurance exchange (like Washington Health Plan Finder) and wish to have your services covered at Hall Health Center, you will need to sign up for a plan through one of the following companies:
- Regence Blue Shield
- Molina Healthcare
Services at No Further Cost
Valuable health services are available at no further cost to regularly enrolled UW students who pay the quarterly Services & Activities Fee along with their tuition, including:
- One visit per quarter for medical concerns or a consultation with a Travel Clinic provider (this excludes comprehensive physicals, specialty visits, travel immunizations, and procedures)
- Unlimited visits with Hall Health Consulting Nurses
- Advice about concerns for HIV & STD exposures
- Reproductive health counseling for women (Women’s Clinic) and men (Primary Care Clinic)
- Unlimited access to the Wellness Resource Center
- Blood pressure screening and consultation
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Preventive counseling and contraceptive advice
- Crisis Intervention services
- After-hours Consulting Nurse service for urgent medical problems
- Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS), a service for students who want to explore their alcohol use.
Watch our Hall Health Center video, which also describes some of our services.
For any visits beyond those covered for all regular UW students, you will be asked to make a deposit at the time of your appointment. The amount of the deposit will be specified when you schedule an appointment with our Patient Service Center.
Cancellation, no show, and late fees
We urge you to keep your scheduled appointments. If we do not receive at least 24 hours (for a Monday appointment, call by Friday) advance notice of your cancellation or need to reschedule, you will be charged a $40 fee.
NOTE: Insurance does not pay for missed appointments or late cancellations.
Information for non-students
All non-student patients are charged a fee for service. We will directly bill your insurance plan whenever possible. All patients are responsible for co-payments and non-covered services. Call your insurance company and give them our Tax ID number (91-1220843). This number will let your insurance know exactly where the services will be provided, and will help in clarifying what services will be covered when visiting our clinic.
Please note that Hall Health Center is not able to see new non-student patients with the following insurance plans, or any other ACN plan:
- UMP Plus – PSHVN (Puget Sound)
- UMP Plus – UW Medicine ACN
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Advantage Plus 8070
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Select Network 8069
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Traditional 8068
Read more about insurance plans at Hall Health on our Insurance page.
If you do not have health insurance, you will be asked to make a deposit at the time of your appointment. The amount of the deposit will be specified when you schedule an appointment with our Patient Service Center. This may or may not cover the total cost of the visit.