Billing & Insurance
(206) 543-8606 or (800) 234-5467
Billing Office (for Hall Health accounts only)
Hall Health Tax ID Number (TIN)
Information for Students
For information about other health insurance plans that cover services at Hall Health, visit our Insurance page.
Insurance through the Affordable Care Act
If you have private insurance through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange, there are a few plans that are contracted with Hall Health Center and other parts of UW Medicine. These include but are not limited to (subject to change):
- Molina Healthcare
- Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW-HIX)
- Lifewise Essential
- Premera-Heritage Signature
- Community Health Essentials
If you have Medicaid (aka Washington Apple Health or DSHS), please be aware that we are contracted with the three plans listed below. We are not accepting new non-student patients with Medicaid.
- Amerigroup Washington (AMG)
- Molina Healthcare of Washington (MHC)
- Coordinated Care Corporation (CCC)
Services at No Further Cost
Valuable health services are available at no further cost to regularly enrolled UW students who pay the quarterly Services & Activities Fee along with their tuition, including:
- One visit per quarter for medical concerns or a consultation with a Travel Clinic provider (this excludes comprehensive physicals, specialty visits, travel immunizations, and procedures)
- Unlimited visits with Hall Health Consulting Nurses
- Advice about concerns for HIV & STD exposures
- Reproductive health counseling for women (Women’s Clinic) and men (Primary Care Clinic)
- Unlimited access to the Wellness Resource Center
- Blood pressure screening and consultation
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Preventive counseling and contraceptive advice
- Crisis Intervention services
- After-hours Consulting Nurse service for urgent medical problems
- Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS), a service for students who want to explore their alcohol use.
Watch our Hall Health Center video, which also describes some of our services.
For any visits beyond those covered for all regular UW students, you will be asked to make a deposit at the time of your appointment. The amount of the deposit will be specified when you schedule an appointment with our Patient Service Center.
Cancellation, no show, and late fees
We urge you to keep your scheduled appointments. If we do not receive at least 24 hours (for a Monday appointment, call by Friday) advance notice of your cancellation or need to reschedule, you will be charged a $40 fee.
NOTE: Insurance does not pay for missed appointments or late cancellations.
Information for non-students
All non-student patients are charged a fee for service. We will directly bill your insurance plan whenever possible. All patients are responsible for co-payments and non-covered services. Call your insurance company and give them our Tax ID number (91-1220843). This number will let your insurance know exactly where the services will be provided, and will help in clarifying what services will be covered when visiting our clinic.
Please note that Hall Health Center is not able to see new non-student patients with the following insurance plans, or any other ACN plan:
- Apple Health/Medicaid
- UMP Plus – PSHVN (Puget Sound)
- UMP Plus – UW Medicine ACN
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Advantage Plus 8070
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Select Network 8069
- Boeing ACN UW Medicine Traditional 8068
Read more about insurance plans at Hall Health on our Insurance page.
If you do not have health insurance, you will be asked to make a deposit at the time of your appointment. The amount of the deposit will be specified when you schedule an appointment with our Patient Service Center. This may or may not cover the total cost of the visit.