Consulting Nurse Service
Hall Health Center (across from the HUB)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – 8am to 5pm
Tuesday – 9am to 5pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and UW Holidays
To see a Consulting Nurse, arrival by 4:30PM is encouraged.
- Currently enrolled UW students are eligible for the Consulting Nurse service on the phone or in person.
- Established non-student patients are eligible for the over-the-phone Consulting Nurse service.
- No charges for currently enrolled UW students, either on the phone or in person.
- No charges for phone consultation for established non-student patients.
Wait time & triage
When you come to Hall Health Center to see a Consulting Nurse, our staff will triage you based on the urgency of your symptoms. If you have an urgent need, we will do our best to see you as quickly as we can. If you have a health concern that is not urgent, you may be asked to wait. Wait times vary and can be anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours.
If you choose to call our Consulting Nurse service, expect to get a call back within 2 hours.
After-hours and urgent care
- Learn more about urgent care.
- For after-hours care, call the 24-hour Community Care Line nurse consult service at (206) 744-2500