Scientists and staff at the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center work with diverse communities to identify injury prevention concerns and collaborate with community and policy partners to prevent injuries.
Using best practices from health education, behavioral science, social marketing, and communication, we ensure that our science is responsive to community injury prevention concerns. HIPRC and our partnerships jointly ensure that research translates into public policy and effective programs.
Learn more about some of our collaborative outreach initiatives:
- Get training on what to do in a trauma event at Stop the Bleed.
- Learn more about keeping kids safe in the car at BoosterSeat.org.
- Concerned about someone in your life? Get support and resources at Pacific Northwest Suicide Prevention Resource Center.
- Resources for schools helping kids with concussion or brain injury: Return to Learn Washington.
- Learn about concussions signs and next steps with When in Doubt, Sit Out.
- Find information and safe firearm storage devices through our co-sponsored events to Protect Our Kids from Firearm Tragedies.
If you are interested in partnering with us to engage in community-based injury research, outreach, programs, or policy, we want to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Past Outreach Projects
- Alcohol Use and Trauma-Prevention through Screening & Brief Intervention
- Campaign to Promote Booster Seat Usage in Targeted
- Distracted Driving Study
- Last Call: A Designated Driver and Safe Ride Home Program
- Preventing Pediatric Window Falls
- Safe Kids Seattle
- The World Report on Child Injury Prevention-An International Forum on the Health of Child