News & Events
News & Events Photo IDs, Access cards, Keys Lost and Found Facility Management Request Door Sign Simulation and Instruction Support Standardized Patient-based Program Support Teaching Materials Consultation and Design Lab Services Classroom Services Room...read more
Visual Design & Production is partnering with UW Medicine Strategic Marketing & Communications to get complete online profiles of UW Medicine providers in the next few months.read more
January 30, 2017
Introducing Health Sciences IT Services: Who we are and what we can do for the computing needs of the greater Health Sciences community. A short presentation followed by a QA session.
Message from the Director
Will it stop raining anytime soon? That’s what we both heard and uttered for the past several weeks as we worked through Winter Quarter. On to Spring Quarter and the prospect of sunshine and warmer weather. Here are a few highlights we anticipate in the coming months:
- The Health Sciences Scheduling Committee will continue to develop strategies to streamline and update our classroom scheduling policies and practices. The committee is a collaborative effort with Health Sciences Instructional Support and scheduling representatives from the Health Sciences Schools.
- Spring Quarter is always extra busy for the Instructional Support staff that prepare materials for the Health Sciences Teaching Labs, pouring agar plates and slants, and preparing media and solutions used in the general assignment teaching labs.
- Health Sciences Clinical Skills Assessment will conduct nearly 1500 teaching and assessment encounters for Health Sciences students, including the year 1 Foundations Phase OSCE (objective structured clinical examination) required for the School of Medicine MD Program, and testing for MEDEX and Pharmacy students.
- The Scientific Instruments Biomedical Electronics Technician shop has added several new staff members to meet the growing need for electronic repair in the healthcare and research environments.
- Scientific conferences and publications, the UW Undergraduate Research Symposium, and graduation celebrations mean the Health Sciences Visual Design & Production services will be busy serving the University mission to support learning and research.
- Health Sciences Building Management will complete a refresh of four lactation rooms available on South Campus for students, staff and faculty, install seating in informal learning spaces, and continue to make improvements that support safety and security.