Health Sciences Academic Services and Facilities (HSAS&F) is a department within the Health Sciences Administration. Based in the Magnuson Health Sciences Center (MHSC) at the Seattle campus of the University of Washington, the HSAS&F Director’s office provides oversight of the administration, business, and operations of the multi-disciplinary service components that comprise the department. In support of the education, research and clinical missions of the University, HSAS&F supports educational and clinical activities of the six Health Sciences Schools: Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, and Social Work.
The Director’s Office serves the UW mission through:
- Leadership to the HSAS&F units, including personnel, budget and operations
- Development of standards and policies for facility-wide activities or conditions
- Collaboration with Health Sciences Schools regarding space issues and coordinate services to MHSC occupants
- Advocacy for, and assistance in, the design and construction of new and renovated instructional facilities that improve the student experience
- Promotion of Health and Safety programs and policies