Health Services December 2018 News Bits
December was a busy month in the Department of Health Services! Here some news bits from the past 4 weeks:
- Assistant Professor Maggie Ramirez was selected as one of four CATALyST K12 Scholars in the inaugural cohort.
- UW’s undergraduate program in public health is ranked No. 4 by College Factual. Senior Lecturer Sara Mackenzie leads the program.
- Faculty searches are underway:
- Jodie Katon and Kristen Gray, both Research Assistant Professors, have accepted our offers resulting from the VA Center of Innovation search and joined us as of December 1, 2018. They are joint faculty who will be based at the VA.
- The search for the director of the Center for Anti-Racism and Community Health has ended without a hire but will re-launch soon. Thank you to Professor Clarence Spigner for co-leading the search with Assistant Professor Anjum Hajat of Epidemiology.
- Student Services staff member Suzanne Yates was nominated for the UW Distinguished Staff Award, for the second year in a row!
- Principal Lecturer Aaron Katz was nominated for UW’s David B. Thorud Leadership Award. Thank you to Clinical Instructor Molly Firth for leading the nomination process.
- Affiliate Professor Katharine Bradley was nominated for UW’s Marsha L. Landolt Distinguished Graduate Mentor Award. Thank you to Associate Professor Emily Williams for leading the nomination process.
- Faculty nominated for UW’s Distinguished Teaching Award this year include Senior Lecturer Gita Krishnaswamy, Associate Professor Amy Hagopian, and Senior Lecturer Carolin Spice. COPHP MPH student Manahil Siddiqi was nominated for the Excellence in Teaching Award for TA’ship.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the Health Services Annual Celebration on Friday, January 18th, 6 pm, at the Center for Urban Horticulture! MHA alumnus and Regent Rogelio Riojas will be our keynote speaker.