**Posted August 9th, 2017–Looking for a work-study student to start immediately**
If you can stay through the academic year 2017-2018 that would be even better!
- Student Assistant for the Kenya Research and Training Center (KRTC) at the University of Washington (UW)
- Wage: $15.00/hr
- Location: Harborview Medical Center
- Contact: Margaret Thompson: email@example.com, 206-685-9209
- Under general supervision, perform a variety of tasks for the Program Manager of the Kenya Research and Training Center (KRTC).
- The KRTC provides an academic forum to support both trainees and investigators in the planning, implementation, analysis, and presentation of research conducted in Kenya.
- With more than a 30-year history of working in Kenya, our group has collaborated with various institutions including University of Nairobi, Kenyatta National Hospital, Kenya Medical Research Institute, and more.
- The work study student will assist with updating the website for the Kenya Research and Training Center (KRTC) at the University of Washington.
- As the study works with the website content, the student will learn about the various projects and research studies that our Faculty members are currently working on, roughly 40 projects, in Kenya.
- The KRTC Faculty members have published over 900 articles in scientific journals.
- The student will learn how to use PubMed to update the publications of each Faculty member on the KRTC website.
- The work study student will also learn about the ethics of conducting research by working on Human Subjects applications, modifications, etc. for various KRTC research projects.
- The work study student will also be exposed to the grant submission process.
- The student will learn about clinical trials, clinical studies, HIV/AIDS research, and international research.
- The successful candidate will gain skills in multi-tasking, and organization.
- High school diploma; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; attention to detail; a pleasant and professional manner.
- OFF CAMPUS work study required.