Learning Gateway Functions
A small team. Hard work and customer service focus.
- Jon Anscher, MAT – Director. User-centered design, instructional design, project management.
- Simona Lazar, MSIM – Instructional Design Consultant. Contact Simona if you want to know how Learning Gateway can help you achieve your eLearning goals.
- Caleb Pong – Sr. eLearning/LMS Analyst. Manages all training for GME Residents and Fellows.
- Joe Wilson – eLearning User Experience Designer. Creates visual styles, prototypes, wireframes and interactions for eLearning courses and sites.
Learning Gateway Committee
The following have been appointed to the Learning Gateway Committee by the UW Medicine Quality and Patient Safety Committee. In addition to our operations folks, the following individuals make up the LG Committee:
- Dr. Jennifer Best, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education
- Amity Neumeister, Assistant Dean, Accreditation
- Susan Johnston, Director of Education for Graduate Medical Education
- Gabrielle Pett, Director of Graduate Medical Education
Our Content Experts
We are very grateful to all and each of our content experts, who make online education possible at UW Medicine.
|Abuse and Neglect: Reporting in WA State||Thomas W. Pendergrass, MD; Erica Sumioka, JD|
|Antimicrobial Stewardship||Paul Pottinger, MD; John Lynch, MD; Rupali Jain, PharmD; Jeannie Chan, PharmD|
|Central Venous Catheter||Mika Sinanan, MD, PhD.; Jacob Rosen, PhD.; Andrew Wright, MD; and Vanessa Makarewicz, RN, MN|
|Error Disclosure||Cindy Jacobs, RN, JD; Richard Goss, M., MPH; Thomas Gallagher, MD; and Thomas Staiger, MD|
|Fatigue Management and Mitigation
||Donna Henderson, BSN, MHA; Gene Peterson, MD, PhD; Sara Kim, PhD; and Theodore Bushnell, MD|
|Infection Control and Bloodborne Pathogens||Timothy Dellit, MD; Anneliese Schleyer, MD; and Estella Whimbey, MD|
|Language Support||Linda Golley and Martine Pierre-Louis|
|Patient Safety||Donna Henderson, BSN, MHA; Gene Peterson, MD, PhD; and John Bramhall, MD|
|Patient Safety Net||Pat Tennent, Lisa Goben, Andrea Ball, and Simona Lazar|
|Respiratory Protection||Estella Whimbey, MD and Mary Dessel, RN, BSN|
|Essential Teaching Skills||Mark Wicks, PhD and Thomas J. Halverson, PhD|
|Venous Thromboembolism||Ann Wittkowsky, PharmD. and Richard Goss, MD, MPH|
Our Partners and Associates
Our executive sponsors provide support enterprise-wide and encourage individuals to complete their online training through the Learning Gateway.
- Richard Goss, Medical Director, Harborview Medical Center
- Thomas Staiger, Medical Director, UW Medical Center
LMS IT Enterprise Group
These folks manage the entire Learning Management System for UW Medicine. The Learning Gateway administers the Resident/Fellow and Practitioner domains within this enterprise product.
Graduate Medical Education
The LG started as a program within Graduate Medical Education (GME) with a focus on training residents and fellows. Ongoing collaboration with GME is an important part of the Learning Gateway.
Medical Director’s Offices
The medical directors of both UWMC and HMC support the Learning Gateway through their executive sponsorship and leadership on training development.
UW Medicine IT Services Help Desk
Help is just a click or call away. All LG technical questions are managed through the UW Medicine IT Services Help Desk, including access and functionality issues. The LG lends a hand with Tier II requests.
User Access Administration
The User Access Administration (UAA) manages the user data that allows the LG to connect individuals with eLearning materials.
UWP (University of Washington Physicians)
UWP delivers a variety of trainings. Since residents are practicing medicine, they fall in scope for some of these trainings.
UW Medicine Education and Training (E&T) Committee
The E&T Committee brings together important stakeholders throughout UW Medicine in order to ensure that learning experiences in different departments coordinate together.
UW Health Sciences Library
The Health Sciences Library offers many online and in-person resources that residents can take advantage of.