Student Coaching & Care
What We Do
Student Coaching & Care is a starting point for students in distress and in need of multiple levels of support.
Wellness Coaching is a fluid and multi-dimensional skill employed to help someone progress in the areas they are stuck. We view the student as the expert in their own life, listening without judgment and empowering students to explore strategies that help them address concerns and challenges.
Why Make an Appointment?
- You want to create a plan of action for effectively managing stress, emotions, or finances
- You are dealing with a difficult situation without any clear support (unable to rely on family, not in a good living situation, not connected to therapy or mental health services, isolated socially, etc.)
- You want to discuss options for staying in school while dealing with a complex situation
- You want to discuss taking some time off school (with the intent to return) in order to deal with a complex situation
- You are struggling to understand how to effectively utilize campus resources to help you with a current issue
Why Make a Referral?
- You are concerned about a student’s ability to cope with a situation they are dealing with (loss of a family member, traumatic event that has inhibited their ability to attend classes, financial hardship, housing instability, food insecurity, etc.)
- A student is dealing with a difficult situation without any clear support (unable to rely on family, not in a good living situation, isolated socially, etc.)
- You have noticed a drastic decline in grades, appearance or social interaction