- The UW Alzheimer’s Research Center website
- Alzheimer's 101: The Basics of Alzheimer's and Related Causes of Dementia
- The Alzheimer's Association WA State Chapter - The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. The mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Memory and Brain Wellness Center is a strong community partner of the Alzheimer's Association.
Lewy Body Dementia
- The Lewy Body Dementia Association - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness of the Lewy body dementias (LBD), supporting people with LBD, their families and caregivers and promoting scientific advances. The Association's purposes are charitable, educational, and scientific. The Memory and Brain Wellness Center is an LBDA Research Center of Excellence, one of 33 of the nation’s leading centers to which LBD patients and their families can turn for advanced LBD diagnosis and treatment.
- The Pacific Northwest Udall Center for Excellence in Parkinson Disease Research -The Pacific Udall Center is a collaboration among Stanford University, the University of Washington, the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Oregon Health & Science University, and the Portland VA Medical Center. It is one of nine Morris K. Udall Centers of Excellence for Parkinson’s Disease Research across the United States. Udall Centers focus on scientific and clinical research designed to gain a fuller understanding of the fundamental cause(s) of the disease, improve diagnosis, and develop new approaches to treatment.
Frontotemporal Degeneration (FTD includes a spectrum of diseases that affect behavior, language, cognition, and/or motor function)
- The Association of Frontotemporal Degeneration: Opening the Gateway to Help and a Cure - The AFTD’s mission is to improve the quality of life of people affected by FTD and drive research to a cure. They work every day to advance research, education, support, advocacy, awareness. The AFTD is a strong community partner of the Memory and Brain Wellness Center.
Primary Progressive Aphasia (PPA)
- NEW! [Video] Watch Kevin Kvarda share about his journey from PPA diagnosis to advocacy at the MBWC PPA Education Day 2019
- Primary Progressive Aphasia (PPA) information from the NIH - Detailed information on the variants of PPA: Progressive non-fluent aphasia (PNFA), Semantic dementia (SD), Logopenic progressive aphasia (LPA).
- Primary Progressive Aphasia (PPA) information from Northwestern Medicine
- National Aphasia Association - The National Aphasia Association (NAA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1987 as the 1st national organization dedicated to advocating for persons with aphasia and their families. The NAA acts as a syndicate of resources, promoting sense of community among individuals and caregivers.
Corticobasal Syndrome (CBS)
- Corticobasal Syndrome resources at the Assocation for Frontotemporal Degeneration
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
Other Causes of Dementia
- Alcohol Related Dementia (opens to the Alzheimer’s Association page on Korsakoff Syndrome)
- Motor Neuron Disease information from the NIH
Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
- MCI information from the Alzheimer's Association