To apply for the EMCHS degree, applicants must meet the following program and UW Graduate School prerequisites.
- Successful completion of an ARC-PA accredited PA program
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US institution or equivalent foreign institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 for the most recent two years of full-time equivalent coursework (90 quarter or 60 semester credits)
- Physician Assistant-Certified (PA-C) by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- To obtain documentation of certification, visit the NCCPA Web site and follow these steps:
- enter your name and state or your SSN to search for your status
- once your certification information appears, request that it be sent by either mail or email to the MEDEX admissions office
- Letter of support and release time from current employer
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency. For more information, please see the UW Graduate School requirements.
Admission decisions will be made on an ongoing basis. You should apply to the EMCHS as soon as possible, and we will continue to accept applications through March 15.