It is not too early to consider your ability to pay your MEDEX program costs. A variety of financial aid programs can help you pursue your graduate studies. Student loans are one option available through private lending institutions, banks, and the federal government. Many companies and institutions provide their employees with financial support for professional development. If you demonstrate financial need, you may qualify for financial aid through the University of Washington Office of Financial Aid. The following resources may help you finance your degree.

Applications for aid are available after December. Do not wait for acceptance into the MEDEX program to apply for aid. Many students apply for funds from limited sources. Early application gives you a better chance of receiving financial assistance.

To receive financial aid you must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the UW deadline of February 15. Information about the application process can be found through links on the UW Office of Financial Aid Web site or from the FAFSA Web site. You can complete the FAFSA online or by paper. To receive a paper FAFSA, ask the UW Office of Student Financial Aid to mail you one or stop by the office to pick one up.

UW Office of Student Financial Aid

We suggest you read the information on the sites listed above carefully before contacting the financial aid office.

Contact Information
University of Washington
Office of Student Financial Aid
105 Schmitz Hall, Box 355880
1400 NE Campus Parkway
Seattle, WA 98195-5880
(206) 543-6101

The financial aid office coordinates and awards the following aid.

  • Pell Grants
  • Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants
  • Institutional Grants
  • Scholarships
  • Perkins Loans
  • Stafford Loans
  • Supplemental Loans for Students (SLS)


Scholarships can be an important source of funding. However, you must find your own scholarship sources. We will inform you of scholarship opportunities once you have been accepted to the program.

Scholarship information can be found on many Web sites, and most public libraries maintain lists of educational scholarships and loans in their reference areas. There are links to various scholarships and lists of available scholarships on the UW Office of Student Financial Aid Web site and through the UW Scholarship office. Look for the Web sites that are free and do not require registration fees unless that is something you choose to do.

U.S. Department of Education

Money Matters offers financial assistance information from U.S. Department of Education.

VA Educational Benefits

V.A. loans and Veterans’ benefits, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill, are available from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Washington State Scholarship and Loan Repayment Program
      (360) 705- 6665

WICHE Student Exchange Program

(For residents of Arizona, Nevada, Alaska, New Mexico, and Wyoming only)
(303) 541-0214

National Health Service Corps – 2018 Deadline – To be announced 

(application and all supplemental documents must be postmarked by the date they require)

** 2018 National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Applications will be posted on their website.**

Indian Health Service

(301) 443-6197 (to get phone number for your nearest IHS site)