- NMR Facility
- About Us
John D. Lang, MD
- Researcher, Mitochondria and Metabolism Center
- Chief, Anesthesiology Clinical Services, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System
- Associate Professor, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
The Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System is a two-division health care system providing comprehensive medical care to the veterans of Washington State; a substantial number of referrals for tertiary care come from Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. The VA pain service is staffed by attendings and fellows, and includes patients with both acute and chronic pain problems.
Influences of hypercapnia on inflammatory cell signaling pathways in relevant clinical translational models
of lung injury
- Effects of nitric oxide and nitrite anion on attenuating hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury during transplantation
- Science and Travel Award, International Meeting on the Role of Nitrite in Physiology, Pathophysiology and Therapeutics, Stockholm, Sweden, 2009
- Anesthesiology Teacher of the Year, University of Alabama, 2003
- FAER Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research, New Investigator Award, 1998
- 1995-present, American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- 1995-present, American Board of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine (Anes)
- NCT00582010, Study to Evaluate if Inhaled Nitric Oxide Improves Liver Function After Transplantation. (PI - Seattle site).
- Application 61/032,178. Use of nitrite to enhance viability, recovery, and function of transplant specimens — pending
- Siriusawakul A, Lang JD (2010) The role of nitric oxide in hepatic ischemia - reperfusion injury. World J Gastroenterol (accepted).
- Zaky A, Siriusawakul A, Tostenrud RP, Pauldine R, Lang JD (2009) Clinical update on therapeutic use of nitric oxide., Contemporary Critical Care 7, 1-12.
- Lang JD, Teng X, Chumley P, Crawford JH, Isbell TS, Chacko BK, Liu Y, Jhala N, Crowe DR, Smith AB, Cross RC, Frenette L, Kelley EE, Wilhite DW, Hall CR, Page GP, Fallon MB, Bynon JS, Eckhoff DE, Patel RP (2007) Inhaled NO accelerates restoration of liver function in adults following orthotopic liver transplantation., J Clin Invest 117 (9), 2583-91.
- Mathru M, Huda R, Solanki DR, Hays S, Lang JD (2007) Inhaled nitric oxide attenuates reperfusion inflammatory responses in humans. Anesthesiology, 106, 275-282.
- Crawford JH, Isbell TS, Huang Z, Shiva S, Chacko BK, Schechter AN, Darley-Usmar VM, Kerby JD, Lang JD, Kraus D, Ho C, Gladwin MT, Patel RP (2006) Hypoxia, red blood cells, and nitrite regulate NO-dependent hypoxic vasodilation., Blood 107 (2), 566-574.