High School Ethics Bowl
First Place: Lakeside School Team 2
Second Place: Seattle Academy Team 1
Third Place: Lakeside School Team 1
Award for Civil Dialogue: Thomas Jefferson High School
Cases, Rules, and Other Resources
Please Read Before You Register!
Washington State High School Ethics Bowl
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Location: University of Washington School of Law
Registration Fee: School with 1 Team — $150, 2 Teams — $225
- PLEASE NOTE: Registration is limited. We are only able to accept up to 24 teams, at which point registration will close.
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Instructions: Please fill out the form in the next toggled section below to register your team(s) for the High School Ethics Bowl. Your registration fee can be paid as follows:
- PayPal – use the small PayPal form and button next to the registration form, then indicate your PayPal transaction ID in the registration form field. Your payment will be processed and secured by PayPal.
- Check Payment – please indicate the check # in the registration form and then send your check, made out to Center for Philosophy for Children, to:
Registration Form & Payment Options
This is our preferred method of taking payments. It does not require a PayPal account (though you certainly can use yours) and you can securely use a debit or credit card to make your payment.
Please indicate the check # in the registration form and then send your check, made out to Center for Philosophy for Children, to:
Thank you to all our generous sponsors!
Washington State High School Ethics Bowl Archive
2017 Washington State High School Ethics Bowl
The 2017 competition took place on Saturday, February 4, 2017, at the University of Washington School of Law, involving about 70 high school students and teachers and 30 judges, lawyers, UW faculty and other educators, as well as many undergraduate and graduate student volunteers.
- First Place: Seattle Academy
- Second Place: Chief Sealth High School Team 1
- Third Place: Chief Sealth High School Team 2
- Award for Civil Dialogue: Rainier Beach High School Teams 1 & 2
2016 Washington State High School Ethics Bowl
The 2016 Ethics Bowl was a great success! Over 100 high school students and more than 50 judges, lawyers, UW faculty, and high school teachers were involved. We were inspired by the thoughtfulness, enthusiasm, and openness of all of the students who participated.
The students from the four trophy-winning schools participate in "Olympia Day" on February 23, 2016, which includes private tours of the Washington State Supreme Court (and attendance at an oral argument session), Capitol Building (and meetings with selected state legislators), and the Governor's Mansion (and meetings with senior staff there), as well as a lunch reception with all of the Supreme Court justices.
Read Seattle Times article about the Washington State High School Ethics Bowl
- First Place: Seattle Academy
- Second Place: Lakeside High School
- Third Place: Chief Sealth High School
- Award for Civil Dialogue: Rainier Beach High School