The following recommendations are designed to help students complete the initial steps necessary to receive VA educational benefits and have a successful educational experience here at the University of Washington.
- Apply to the University of Washington for admission
- Apply for your VA benefits with the VA by clicking on the “Apply for Benefits” graphic followed by the “Launch VONAPP” link. To select the GI Bill that maximizes your educational payout, call the VA Educational Division at 1-888-442-4551.
- After you have been admitted to the UW, visit the Veterans Center as soon as possible to ensure all necessary eligibility paperwork is submitted and complete. When you go to the Veterans Center, you will need to bring your VA Letter of Eligibility or your confirmation number if you have not received your letter; and Copy #4 of your DD-214
- Fill out the VA Registration Form
- Remember to apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA each year.