UW Recreational Sports
The Intramural Activities building (IMA) and the Waterfront Activities Center (WAC) are home to the many recreational activities on campus. The IMA recently underwent a $44 million expansion and renovation and boasts six tons of workout equipment. The WAC is conveniently located on Union Bay and the Montlake Cut. Intramural and club sports offer students the opportunity to participate in organized, recreational competition. Students can sign up for a league as a team or an individual (“free agent”) to participate in league games and tournaments.
Things to do at the IMA and WAC:
- Climb the new 5822 sq ft, 42 ft tall indoor climbing wall
- Work with a personal trainer in the fitness center
- Visit the Dawg Bites Sports cafe for a post-workout smoothie or snack
- Take a swim or play some racquetball
- Participate in a yoga, hip-hop, hydo-aerobics or tennis class
- Learn a martial art
- Borrow a canoe or rowboat for a tour of the Arboretum
- Join the Washington Yacht Club
- Enjoy the student discount while you sharpen your golf swing at the driving range
- Check out the complete list of activities available
The UW Counseling Center provides confidential personal and career counseling to currently enrolled UW students. Counselors can help student veterans with adjusting to college life, managing stress and relationships, making career decisions, and enhancing coping skills. See the Counseling Center website for more details.
Health and Wellness
The Division of Student Life Office of Health and Wellness provides students with support around the social, emotional, intellectual, physical, financial and spiritual dimensions of life. Please visit UW Health and Wellness to find the tools and resources available to students.
Health and Wellness also provides drug and alcohol related education and support
Hall Health Primary and Special Care Clinics
Hall Health facilitates the academic success of UW students and the well-being of patients through a commitment to high-quality patient-centered health care. Hall Health is dedicated to improving and maintaining physical and mental health with a focus on health promotion and the appropriate use of health services. To learn more, please visit Hall Health.
Student Health Resources Page
For a comprehensive list of available resources, including health education, immunizations, mental health, personal safety, physical fitness, and sexual health, visit Student Health Resources.