Dissertation Retreat 2019
Applications for Dissertation Retreat 2019 will be available early spring quarter 2019.
OWRC's 2019 Dissertation Writing Retreat brings together a group of graduate students who are interested in making significant progress on their dissertations during the interim between Spring and Summer Quarters with a supportive group of tutors and librarians.
When: June 10-14, 2019
Where: The OWRC, Odegaard Library 121
Our Dissertation Retreat Provides:
- A daily consultation with an OWRC writing tutor
- Targeted workshops on topics related to the academic and emotional challenges of the dissertation project
- 3-4 hours of focused writing time throughout the day
- Subject librarians available for consultations throughout the week
- An encouraging environment to make progress on your writing
Our Mission: At the OWRC, we value conversation and collaboration. We believe that writing is never just writing; it’s working through a difficult set of ideas and figuring out how to participate in conversations. In sessions with peer tutors, there will be a lot of dialogue about your work – thoughtful questions, lively brainstorming, idea mapping, etc. The retreat will provide plenty of quiet writing time, but we’ll also create space for you to talk with and learn from one another. These interdisciplinary conversations have been some of the most positive takeaways for past participants.
In order to apply for a spot, submit your application through our Google Application Form. The application includes
- A description of your dissertation
- A description of your progress to date
- A description of your goals for the retreat
- A description of what you hope to gain from the retreat
- Your academic CV
Please see the complete Google Application Form for the specific question prompts. Retreat participants will be selected based on our assessment of each applicant’s progress, difficulties, and on our experience of who will benefit the most from our approach.
Questions? Email OWRC (email@example.com)