English Language Support
One-to-One Support with Our Peer Tutors
Our peer tutors provide a friendly, non-judgmental, supportive environment for English Language Learners, International Students, and Multilingual Writers.
OWRC tutors are not language teachers or grammar experts, and therefore cannot edit or proofread papers for students. However, they can help writers with:
- Identifying, tracking, and self-correcting their own language errors
- Becoming more comfortable speaking English in semi-formal environments
- Trying out and using different vocabulary
- Understanding different prompts, assignments, and genres
- Learning about US academic expectations
Weekly Group Tutoring with Our Peer Tutors: TLCs
Our Targeted Learning Communities (TLCs) are weekly group tutoring sessions with our peer tutors. For more information, see our TLC page.