Multicultural Outreach & Recruitment
MOR Group Visitations
Thank you for your interest in visiting the University of Washington! The Multicultural Outreach & Recruitment (MOR) office looks forward to hosting you on campus.
MOR Group Visitations consist of a 30-minute admission presentation and a 75-minute tour, led by a MOR Student Ambassador. MOR Group Visitations provide a great introduction to the University of Washington, highlight the collection of services offered by the Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D) and MOR Student Ambassadors share their experience of being a University of Washington Student.
Who We Serve
MOR Group Visitations are only offered to Washington State high schools and community college students. We work closely with schools and community-based partners who serve students from low-income, first-generation and historically underrepresented backgrounds. Given the high volume of tours requested, priority consideration will be given to groups consisting of high school juniors, high school seniors, and prospective transfer students.
- Washington state high school students
- Washington state community college students from low-income and historically underrepresented populations
- Community-based organizations serving low-income, first-generation and historically underrepresented populations
- Groups of 50 or less
What is Included in an MOR Group Visitation
A 75-minute campus tour, covering:
- Drumheller Fountain
- Husky Union Building (HUB)
- OMA&D Instructional Center – Tutoring Center (taken if time allows)
- OMA&D Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center -Student Cultural Center (taken if time allows)
- Mary Gates Hall (EOP Advising)
- Rainier Vista
- Red Square
- Suzzallo Library
- Blocked Out (diversity monument)
- The Liberal Art Quadrangle (the Quad)
A 30-minute admissions presentation
When Are MOR Group Visitations Offered?
MOR Group Visitations are offered throughout the regular UW academic year. We do not offer group tours during academic breaks, weekends and evenings. MOR Group Visitations are offered during the following days and times for Winter and Spring Quarter:
- Tuesdays: 10am-12pm
- Wednesdays: 10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm
- Thursdays: 10am-12pm
We require at least two (2) weeks advance notice to coordinate a visitation. We will be in contact with you to coordinate your visit within five (5) business days of your initial request.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage groups with significant proportions of African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian/Alaska Native, Southeast Asian, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander students to seek our assistance in planning a tour. As part of our commitment to serving underrepresented communities of color, we will make every effort to ensure that your group gains exposure to a wide variety of resources the UW has to offer.