WANT AN ON-CAMPUS INTERNSHIP ?
Work as an Outreach Intern at Student Legal Services!
SLS seeks an hourly undergraduate outreach intern to assist in promoting awareness and usage of SLS resources to UW-Seattle students. The intern will also be responsible for the day to day operations of the SLS office, with the main objective being outreach. This includes but is not limited to: answering general questions, explaining processes, tabling, designing posters/fliers, distributing advertising materials, and giving presentations. SLS is seeking candidates that are resourceful, reliable, engaged, and professional. This position will report to Emily Siangkam, SLS Legal Assistant.
- Design promotional materials, such as fliers, brochures, and posters
- Respond to general inquiries related to all aspects of SLS by phone, email, or in-person communication
- Collaborate with other UW entities and organizations
- Update the SLS website and social media
- Tabling at campus hot spots and events, and holding presentations
- Scheduling client meetings and other administrative tasks
- Communication skills; oral and written
- Competency in working with diverse populations
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with social media
- Freshman or sophomore standing (graduating in 2022 or later)
- Prior outreach experience
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Membership in student communities on campus
- Experience working with students and or adults with disabilities
- Pattern of excellent attendance and punctuality in prior positions
The outreach intern will work 14 hours a week at $16.00 per hour. Work hours are normal SLS operating hours: Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM. Hours of operation vary during finals week, breaks and summer session. Schedules are based upon workload, the applicant’s class schedule and other academic responsibilities. Ideal candidates can give at least one academic year commitment. Apply through Handshake today!
Work on real cases with experienced practitioners and learn the unwritten rules of legal practice! Apply today!
Applications are due September 4th, 2019.