- The main purpose of Simpson Center support is not to provide permanent funding for ongoing programs but, rather, to assist in the development of new ideas and projects.
- The Simpson Center’s Executive Board does not review applications whose primary purpose is travel funding for individual research or conference participation.
- The Simpson Center does not fund honoraria for UW faculty and graduate students for on-campus programs.
- The director of the Simpson Center reserves the right, under unusual circumstances, to bring exceptional proposals to the Executive Board outside of the regular funding cycle.
- Projects that fulfill the broad goals of the Simpson Center but do not correspond to the categories outlined in Collaborative Projects should consult the Simpson Center’s Associate Director. Call 543-3920 to schedule an appointment.