Marijuana Policy in Washington State: Moving Forward
June 14, 2016
William H. Gates Hall, University of Washington Campus
8:30am-4:30pm (Reception to follow)
Drawing on the legal expertise and research conducted by the Cannabis Law and Policy Project (CLPP) housed in the UW Law School, this one day conference will highlight updates and recommendations on regulations governing the commercial & medical marijuana industries in Washington State and beyond.
The agenda will feature both state and industry government officials, industry leaders, and experts analyzing the impact that recent regulations have had on marijuana issues in Washington, with consideration of criminal law, tax law, intellectual property, research models and pathways for biotech, banking issues, tourism and more.
The conference will include keynotes, expert panels, and concurrent sessions as well as time for networking.
Click here to see the program agenda.
Click here to review speaker bio’s.
Partial list of speakers. See program Agenda agenda for a complete listing.
- Rick Garza, Agency Director, WSLCB
- Pete Holmes, Seattle City Attorney
- Hillary Bricken, Attorney, Harris Moure/Canna Law Group
- Bruce Turcott, Assistant Attorney General, Attorney General’s Office
- Danica Noble, NORML of Washington
- David Mendoza, Seattle Mayor’s Marijuana Policy Advisor
- Mowgli Holmes, Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Phylos Bioscience
- Dominic Corva, Director, Center for the Study of Cannabis & Social Policy
- Jessica Tonani, Founder, Verda Bio
- Jody Hall, CEO, The Goodship
- Ian Eisenberg, Owner, Uncle Ike’s Pot Shop
- Jerry Derevyanny, General Counsel, Northwest Cannabis Solutions
- Aaron Smith, Do-Founder & Executive Director, National Cannabis Industry Association
- Joseph Vincent, Director of Regulatory & Legal Affairs, WA Department of Financial Institutions
- Harold Scoggins, Shareholder, Farleigh Wada Witt
- James Hunt, Law Office of James G. Hunt PLLC
- Christine Masse, Partner, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
- Andy Aley, Owner, Garvey Schubert Barer
- David D. Spellman, Shareholder, Lane Powell
- Michael Gelardi, Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine
The event will take place in the UW Law School from 8:30am-4:30pm and provides morning coffee, lunch and a short reception at the end of the day.