Visa Information

Information for International Travelers

ICT 2020 welcomes International participants! Please familiarize yourself with travel requirements well in advance — if you need a visa, apply early! Below provides you with some practical information.

Do you need a Visa?
Attendees from many countries will be eligible for the Visa Waiver Program.

Visiting under VWP
To take advantage of VWP, you will need to register with the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before your trip.

Consumer Protection Notice: Third parties who charge money for a “service” related to ESTA are not actually capable of expediting approval. The link shown above takes you to the official US Government site which explains the process and lets you enroll online in ESTA for a small fee.

As of April 1, 2016, You must have an e-passport containing a chip in order to visit the US under the VWP—most countries have been issuing them for the last several years. Here is the US Department of Homeland Security’s illustrated guide to the eligible generations of passports.

Related information on US government websites:

Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda
The US has special arrangements with adjoining nations and Bermuda.

◦ Most Canadian citizens will not need a visa; they may enter the US using their passport along with their conference registration notice. (A passport is technically not the only acceptable document for Canadian citizens, however, we recommend it as the surest and smoothest means of entry and return.) Please request at the port of entry status as a Visitor for Business (B-1).

◦ Mexican citizens would usually apply for a Border Crossing Card or “Laser Visa,” and bring their passport and conference registration notice. Please request at the port of entry status as a Visitor for Business (B-1).

How do you get a visa?
In order to determine which visa type is right for you and to check appointment wait times with your US embassy, please visit: