Penny Hazelton Endowed Fund for Law Librarianship
This scholarship is primarily intended to be used to support students for their Directed Fieldwork and American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting expenses.
- Up to two scholarships per year may be awarded.
- Scholarships will be approximately $1000 if awarded that year.
Note: Restricted to students currently enrolled in the Law Librarianship Program.
To apply: Application-for-Hazelton-scholarship
The Melissa Landers Memorial Fund
This scholarship is intended primarily to provide scholarships to incoming students in the program.
- Up to to two scholarships per year may be awarded.
- Scholarships will be approximately $1500 if awarded that year.
- Scholarships will be rewarded on a merit-based scale
All incoming students accepted into the Law Librarianship Program will be automatically eligible for the scholarship. The Director of the Law Librarianship Program (and/or their designate) will be responsible for the awarding of funds.
Earl Borgeson Award
This award will be used to recognize the outstanding paper submitted by the current Law Librarianship Program class in the Research & Writing for Law Librarians class (LIS 595).
- Restricted to one award per year of $1500.00
- Award will be determined by the editorial consultants panel chosen by the Executive Editor of Legal Reference Services Quarterly.
Application: All students enrolled in LIS 595 (Research & Writing for Law Librarians) will be automatically eligible for the award. The Borgeson Award will be given out at the end of Spring Quarter each year.