Wired Network Services
Basic network connectivity that offers various options per the customers' requirements. Includes network engineering, network and security operations, and Internet connectivity.
- Wired connectivity to UW campus, Internet, and various research networks; 10/100/1000 Mbps to the wall port as building wiring permits. Basic rate limited to 2 ports per capita. Total bandwidth available to a building is based on aggregate usage, with a minimum of 1Gbps per building.
- Wireless connectivity to UW campus, Internet, and various research networks; WiFi 802.11 b/g, and 802.11a where available
- Static or DHCP address assignments within registered UW IPv4 address space.
- DNS name reservations
- Domain name registrations under washington.edu and uw.edu
- UW campus-level Intrusion Protection/Prevention/Detection system.
- Local UW campus addresses (p172 addresses) with Network Address Translation (NAT) service in place for off-campus access.
- RFC1918 address space
- 24x7x365 monitoring of core and edge network equipment ("to the wall port"), including on-call engineering staff for off-hours emergencies.
Basic Network services described above.
Self-sustaining (enhanced) Network services may include:
- Enhanced WiFi (e.g., encryption, 802.11n, VOIP)
- Unplanned wiring, switch, and wireless upgrades or network expansion
- Managed Firewall (subnet level) https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/connect/uw-networks/firewall/
- Router redundancy between routing centers
- A redundant router connection via Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) between UW-IT routing centers, for diversity across the entire campus. Costs vary depending on the connection speed desired, actual type/model of equipment for your location, and the facilities available at the location. See Price section below for rates.
- External domain name registrations (not under washington.edu or uw.edu)
- With prior review from UW-IT Network Engineering, UW-IT will route Wake on LAN (WoL) packets across multiple subnets. See Price section below for rates.
- Custom engineered solutions
UW faculty; UW staff; UW students; UW students in residence halls; UW researchers; UW clinicians; UW academic units; UW administrative units; UW Medical Center; UW Physicians Network and Neighborhood Clinics; UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics; UW Medicine & clinical departments should email UW Medicine IT Services at email@example.com for service.
UW Information Technology Service Center
Front Desk: UW Tower C-3000 (4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE)
Online Help Form: http://uw.edu/itconnect/help
Business Hours: http://uw.edu/itconnect/help
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Response time during off-hours may be slower due to decreased off-hours staffing levels.
The UW wifi network is only available in select locations.
Basic services included in the Technology Recharge Fee.
For departments covered by the Technology Recharge Fee, there is no per port monthly charge. $137 per port installation charge.
For departments not covered by the Technology Recharge fee, there is a $14.30 per port monthly charge. $137 per port installation charge.
Rates do not include any applicable facilities charges. Customers are responsible for any charges incurred when pulling new wire for ethernet connections. Facilities work will also extend the timeframe for service delivery. Estimates for both the charges and the timeframe will be provided before service orders are placed.
Self-Sustaining rates effective July 1, 2013 for FY2014.
- $137 per port installation charge. Rate does not include any applicable facilities charges. Customers are responsible for any charges incurred when pulling new wire for ethernet connections. Facilities work will also extend the timeframe for service delivery. Estimates for both the charges and the timeframe will be provided before service orders are placed.
Managed Firewall (subnet level) https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/connect/uw-networks/firewall/
- $657.12 one-time installation fee
- There is no monthly recurring fee for this service
Domain name reservations external to washington.edu
- Variable rate
- Variable rate based on design
- $299.48 Monthly per VPN
- VRRP approximate costs are between $2181 (1Gigabit Ethernet) and $11,500 (10 Gigabit Ethernet) for a one-time fee; there is no monthly recurring charge.
- Wake on LAN. Standard configuration is offered at no charge. Customized solutions available at prevailing hourly rates.
- Custom engineering consulting available at prevailing hourly rates.
RFC1918 Address Space: http://depts.washington.edu/uwtscat/sites/default/files/RFC1918%20Addres...
Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of upgrades, maintenance, and outages. Service is monitored for interruptions and outage resolution 24x7.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.
|Private Address Routing Sept202013.pdf||293.09 KB|
|RFC1918 Address Space Use Policy Sept202013.pdf||264.59 KB|