Computer & Printer Troubleshooting, Repair & Moves
Computer Maintenance and Support Service Ending June 30, 2014
- June 12, 2014: CMG will stop accepting new service requests.
- June 12 – June 30, 2014: UW-IT staff will focus on completing requests and decommissioning this service, and will respond to any questions you submit before June 12.
- July 3, 2014: You will receive your final bill from UW-IT for CMG service.
Future Hardware and Software Support Options
Please contact the vendor from whom you purchased your hardware.
Local Computer and Printer Repair Shops
Over the years UW-IT has worked successfully with the following local vendors:
- Xerox Printers: Integrity Business Systems; PO Box 205, Hobart, WA 98025; 888-840-0844
- HP Printer repair: CPR Computer and Printer Repair; 919 124th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005; www.cprnw.com/hewlettpackard.htm; 1-800-955-4075
- Computer Repair: Up Time Technology; 2408 N 45th Street, Seattle, WA 98103; www.uptimetech.com; 206-547-1817
UW Managed Print Services
In addition, UW Managed Print Services is available for a monthly fee, and includes equipment (a multi-functional devices that can copy, print, scan and fax), supplies (except paper) and service from Ricoh. See http://f2.washington.edu/mps/.
Why This Service Is Being Retired
The decision to retire the Computer Maintenance and Support service was reached through a partnership with and recommendation by the IT Service Management Board, one of three University-wide information technology (IT) governance boards that provide advice on IT strategy, services and priorities. This change is in keeping with UW-IT’s mission to provide technology services in line with the University’s priorities.
Please send email to email@example.com if you have any other questions.
UW faculty; UW staff; UW students; UW students in residence halls; UW researchers; UW clinicians
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.