Off-Campus Communications Services
Off-Campus Communications Services allows groups that are physically located off campus to be connected to the UW phone and data networks. UW-IT can provide desktop phone service that provides 5-digit dialing to other UW numbers, as well as the Regional Calling Service that allows local dialing to most locations from Bellingham to Olympia (for more information see http://www.uw.edu/itconnect/phones/longdistance.html#rcs). In addition, customers can choose to be connected to the UW data network at various speeds using a UW-installed wired, wireless or combined connection.
- UW-IT managed subnet-level firewall.
- A redundant router connection via Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for high availability.
- In addition, if the site cannot connect directly to the UW network, an IPsec VPN can extend UW data network connectivity through a secondary Internet Service Provider. UW telephone, wired, and Wi-Fi services may not be available with this connectivity option.
UW academic units; UW administrative units. UW Medicine and clinical departments should email UW Medicine IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for service.
If you already have UW-IT phone and data services at an off-campus location and need to add, disconnect, or change the service:
UW-IT partners with the Real Estate Office to provide phone and data services for new off-campus locations. The Real Estate will help fill out the form below for most new locations. To contact the Real Estate Office directly, please email email@example.com with "Attention Tenant Services Manager" in the subject line.
For locations not served by the Real Estate Office, the form may be filled out directly, and they will receive a copy.
When filling out this SharePoint Request Form, please log in using this format:
- Login: NetID\yourNetID
- Password: yourNetID password
Off-campus connectivity and troubleshooting is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Response time during off-hours may be slower due to decreased off-hours staffing levels.
Rates effective July 1, 2014 for FY2015
- Telecommunications Closet/Room: Average is $10,000+ per telecommunications closet/room/IDF.
- Cabling: Average is $175 per cable run (for 150 ft. cable). The standard is 3 cables per outlet for a total of $525 per outlet.
- Installation Charge: Three hours of Network Engineering @ $120.50 per hour
- Monthly Charge: $299.48
- Monthly Charge for Out of Band Modem Line: $40.49
Requires a valid UW budget number.
Service is dependent on external service providers, and is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Service is monitored by the UW Information Technology Network Operations Center. Response time during off-hours may be slower due to decreased off-hours staffing levels.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.