Videoconferencing allows you to meet face to face with people across the state or around the world without leaving the University of Washington. It is easier and more cost-effective than traveling, and you can supplement your presentations by showing printed documents and computer programs such as PowerPoint presentations.
Odegaard Videoconference Studio (http://uw.edu/lst/learning_spaces/video_conferencing/ougl_videoconference_studio.html)
- Location: Odegaard Undergraduate Library, 320
- Capacity: 16
- Layout: Stadium-style seating
- Hours: By reservation only
Health Sciences Videoconference Studio (http://uw.edu/lst/learning_spaces/video_conferencing/hs_videoconference_studio.html)
- Location: Health Sciences, T239
- Capacity: 35
- Layout: Configurable
- Hours: By reservation only
UW faculty, UW staff, UW researchers
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis at: http://uw.edu/lst/learning_spaces/vid_conf_res.html
Videoconferencing Studios are available during regular building hours only.
Rates effective July 1, 2011 for FY2012.
Videoconference Studios Fees
(Including technical testing and on-site support during the reservation)
* UW Budget Number: $165 per hour
* Non-UW Budget Number: $330 per hour plus a 15.6% Institutional Overhead fee
The following cancellation fee policy applies for all reservations:
* Cancelling with more than five (5) business days advance notice: $82.50 per event or event series
* Cancelling with less than five (5) business days advance notice: 50% of reservation charge
* Cancelling with less than two (2) business days advance notice: 100% of reservation charge
The following fees apply to rescheduling videoconference dates and times for all reservations (must have new dates at time of request):
* Rescheduling events with more than five (5) business days advance notice: $50
* Rescheduling events with less than five (5) business days advance notice: $100
- Reservations must be received at least 7 days in advance.
- Support includes technical testing prior to videconference event.
- Reservations do not include extra set-up time before your event, or extra time after. If you need additional time prior to or after your event, you must reserve it.
- Support does not including booking of the far-end facilities.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Eating and drinking are allowed in designated areas.
Enquiries will be responded to within 2 business days, if not sooner.
A Videoconference Consultant is available to assist you with the entire process, including help with technical coordination of the videoconference with the far-end site, material preparation, and operation of equipment on the day of the conference. We can also provide an initial demonstration of the capabilities of the studios and answer any questions you may have concerning your videoconference.
Phone: 206-897-1999, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday