This year, WA MESA is excited to offer students two scholarship opportunities, The Boeing Scholarship and The Weyerhaeuser Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients may receive up to $2500 from The Boeing Scholarship and up to $2500 from The Weyerhaeuser Scholarship. It is possible for an applicant to receive both scholarships offered. The dollar amount(s) awarded will depend on the number of scholarship recipients.
WA MESA students can apply by completing the scholarship application form. We ask that each person submits only one application, which will make them eligible for both awards.
Washington MESA Scholarship Application is active from April 23, 2021 to June 18, 2021. It is highly recommended that you write or type your short answers on a separate document, check spelling, then copy and paste responses to questions within the online scholarship application. Once you submit your application form, it will be recorded.
You also have the option to turn in a paper application instead of an online application. Your MESA Director or Teacher can provide you with a paper application. Once completed, scan and send the application via email to the Washington MESA Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a scanner, please reach out to your MESA Director or staff to discuss submission alternatives.
Seniors: Washington MESA Scholarship
This year Washington MESA will award outstanding graduating high school seniors who have participated in MESA Programs. These scholarships are made possible with support from The Boeing Company (Boeing) and the Weyerhaeuser Company — we thank them for their generosity and support of our students.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to provide a high school transcript (please email to Scholarship Committee at email@example.com) and a copy of their award letter from their college/university before funds will be released. Additionally, students must enroll in their college/university prior to January 2022 to be eligible to receive the scholarship funds.
*Past and/or Current Involvement with MESA
*Graduating High School Seniors
*At least a 2.75 GPA and above
*Pursuing a STEM degree at a 2-or-4-year institution
*At least 4 combined years of Math and Science (2 years of math and 2 years of science) during high school
*Recommendation letters from a MESA Teacher or MESA Staff member and a Community Member (2 total)
*Most recent HS Transcript/Unofficial – *Make sure you email your most recent transcript to the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19, unofficial transcripts can be submitted.
By completing this scholarship application form, you are submitting your application for the Washington MESA Scholarships. The Washington MESA Scholarship committee will review applications and will notify scholarship recipients between June 30, 2021 and July 15, 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic may delay this notification window.
The deadline to apply is June 18, 2021 (Friday) 11:59 p.m. PST
If you have any questions, please contact WA MESA Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, responses maybe delayed. Feel free to ask your MESA Center Director for assistance.
How to complete the application:
1. On a google docs/word processor answer these questions (these will appear towards the end of the application). Please make sure your responses are edited well (save these for future reference, copy to and paste responses into the online application).
a) Describe your scholastic background, jobs, clubs, leadership opportunities, achievements, honors & awards. (Make a list with name of position/award and date of opportunity.)
b) Please describe the MESA activity or program which is most meaningful to you and why. (250 words)
c) Please discuss your background, college plans, and goals in life. The essay should also include academic and technical accomplishments, community and MESA program involvement.
2. Gather your references (2) information: name and contact information.
3. Fill out the form below, asking for personal contact and academic information.
4. Email your official/unofficial transcript to the Washington MESA Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Remind your references (2) to send a letter of recommendation on your behalf via email to the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com. All reference letters must be received by June 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
6. Scholarship recipients will be notified between June 30, 2021 and July 15, 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic may delay this notification window.
7. Keep applying for other non-Washington MESA scholarships!