Ethics Committees and Ethics Consultation
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Core Competencies for Health Care Ethics Consultation 2nd edition, 2010 (available through the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities—see website below).
- Dubler NN, Webber MP, Swiderski DM, and the Faculty and the National Working Group for the Clinical Ethics Credentialing Project. Charting the Future: Credentialing, Privileging, Quality, and Evaluation in Clinical Ethics Consultation. Hastings Center Report2009;39(6): 23-33.
- Eiser AR, Schade SG, Anderson-Shaw L, Murphy T. Electronic communication in ethics committees: experience and challenges. Journal of Medical Ethics. 2001 Apr;27 Suppl 1:i30-2.
- Fox E, Bottrell MM, Berkowitz KA, Chanko BL, Foglia MB, Pearlman RA. IntegratedEthics: an innovative program to improve ethics quality in health care. Innovation Journal: the Public Sector Innovation Journal. 2010;15(2):article 8, 1-36.
- Lo B. Behind closed doors: promises and pitfalls of ethics committees. New England Journal of Medicine. 1987;317:46-49
- Opel DJ, Brownstein D, Diekema DS, Wilfond BS, Pearlman RA. Integrating ethics and patient safety: the role of clinical ethics consultants in quality improvement. Journal of Clinical Ethics. 2009;20(3):220-7.
- Schneiderman LJ, Gilmer T, Teetzel HD, Dugan DO, Blustein J, Cranford R, Briggs KB, Komatsu GI, Goodman-Crews P, Cohn F, Young EW. Effect of ethics consultations on nonbeneficial life-sustaining treatments in the intensive care setting: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2003 Sep 3;290(9):1166-72.
- Spike J, Greenlaw J. Ethics consultation: high ideals or unrealistic expectations? Annals of Internal Medicine. 2000 Jul 4;133(1):55-7.