Carey Farquhar, MD, MPH, Director
International AIDS Research and Training Program
University of Washington
325 9th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2499 USA
The IARTP is located on the 13th Floor of the Ninth & Jefferson Building (NJB). The NJB is on the northeast corner of Ninth Avenue and Jefferson Street (at 908 Jefferson Street, just across the intersection from Harborview Medical Center). The building entrance is on Jefferson, and entrance to the parking garage is on Terry Avenue at the back of the building between Jefferson & James Streets.
From Jefferson Street:
- Go through glass doors to the second bank of elevators.
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor.
From the Parking Garage:
- Take the elevator to the lobby;
- go through the glass doors to the second bank of elevators,
- and take the elevator to the 13th floor.
Please check in with the receptionist on the 13th floor, who will call the person with whom you have an appointment.
From the HMC
- (Harborview Medical Center) shuttle stop,
- walk 1/2 block north to the intersection of 9th and Jefferson and cross Jefferson Street.
- Pass under the covered area to the main entrance.
- Take the James Street exit (exit #164A if coming from the south, or exit 165A if coming from the north).
- Turn up the hill (east) on James Street to Terry Avenue.
- Turn right on Terry and right again into the parking garage.
- or -
- Take the Montlake Bridge,
- and travel on 23rd to Jefferson.
- Turn right on Jefferson and keep traveling until 1 block past Boren Avenue.
- Turn right on Terry and left into the parking garage.