Recent and upcoming public events where the authors discuss the book and field audience questions.
- 16 October 2013: Margaret Levi presents work from the book at the WDR 2015 Brown Bag Seminar Series at the World Bank, 11AM- 12:30pm.
- 22 November 2013: Brown University Watson Institute for International Studies
5 p.m. Joukowsky Forum. Book signing and reception to follow. Discussants to include Suzanne Berger, Pedro Dal Bo, Peter Evans and Rick Locke.
- 3 December 2013: Australian Maritime Museum.
We mark the Australian launch of the book on 3 December 2013 at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney. The event is co-sponsored by the Museum and the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney. Details to come.
- 13 February 2014: ILWU Local 19 and ILWU Local 23 . Details to come.
- 14 February 2014: Book launch event at the University of Washington.
Both authors, along with Jake Rosenfeld (UW Sociology) will discuss their books and respond to comments from the audience. The event is sponsored by the Harry Bridges Center for Labor Studies. 4-6PM in 102 Smith Hall on the University of Washington campus.
- 11 April 2014: Institute for Research on Poverty at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Both authors will participate in a lunchtime brown bag event, responding to comments from academic discussants and the public. The event is co-sponsored by the Department of Political Science.12:15-1:30pm in 159 Education building (Wisconsin Idea Room).