Congratulations to 2020 Graduate R. George Williams

2020 Neuroscience Graduate R. George Williams is the recipient of the UW Class of 1962 Endowed Scholarship:

I’m a born and bred Texan from El Paso. I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as a comic book geek. I love learning about chess and watching the grandmasters play. I currently go to school full-time at the University of Washington and am an Undergraduate Researcher in both the Department of Pharmacology and the Department of Neurosurgery at the UWSOM. During my freshman year, I gained 1,200 hours as an emergency medical technician (EMT) on the back of the ambulance and learned a ton about emergency medicine. Currently, I work as a Medical Scribe in the Emergency Department at Swedish Edmonds Hospital and continue to learn from the physicians and all of the staff there. Upon completing my degree in Neuroscience, I will attend medical school and pursue my dream of becoming a physician. My love and passion for the medical field is driven by my fascination of the brain as well as the magnificent anatomical structures of the body.

Robert’s Tips for Future Applicants: Show your passion for your experiences and accomplishments! Let your personality shine