Part I. UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
WEB SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Acceptance of Terms.
This Web site Terms and Conditions of Use, as updated from time to time by the University of Washington (“University”) applies to this Web site which is published by a University of Washington academic (teaching and research) or administrative unit (“Web site”). You should carefully read the Terms and Conditions before using the Web site. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at www.teensexandmedia.org. This is a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, you are not authorized to use this Web site.
2. Access to Password-Protected Areas.
Access to certain portions of this Web site (“Password-Protected Areas”) may require login and password information. You must have this information in order to access these areas.
3. Online Privacy Statement.
The use of your identifying and non-identifying information will be governed by the Online Privacy Statement found at www.teensexandmedia.org. Your use of this Web site indicates that you have read and agree to the Online Privacy Statement.
You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this Web site and for respecting the University’s and third parties’ (person or entity) rights in connection with the Web site and its content.
- You may not use this Web site for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
- Except as expressly permitted by www.teensexandmedia.org (i.e. Lesson Plans) you may not violate the University or third parties’ rights via downloading, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise using this Web site.
- You may not use this Web site to post or send any infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or pornographic material.
- You may not use or exploit any portion of this Web site to distribute commercial messages, “spam,” or other unsolicited communications.
- You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with this Web site in any manner that may materially adversely affect University or any third party.
- You may not take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the University’s network infrastructure, as determined by the University in its sole discretion.
- You may not bypass any measures the University may use to prevent or restrict access to this Web site.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties. The use of this Web site is solely at your own risk. This Web site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The University expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this Web site whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The University expressly disclaims any responsibility for the actions of any other user of this Web site. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. The University makes no warranty that this Web site will meet your requirements, or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, current, accurate, complete or error-free or that the results that may be obtained by use of the site will be accurate or reliable. You understand and acknowledge that your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any defect in or dissatisfaction with the site is to cease to use this Web site. You may have other rights which may vary from state to state.
6. Exclusions and Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and
Agree that the University shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss, or other losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from any matter related to your use of this Web site.
7. Intellectual Property.
This Web site and its Contents are owned by the
University or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to
copyright and trademark law. Certain content, such as copyrighted materials and
trademarks, are used by permission of third parties. Except as allowed by law (such as fair use) or as expressly permitted in connection with specific content, this web site and its contents may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed,
performed, or used in any way without the prior written permission of the University or the third-party owner.
8. Reporting Copyright Violations.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(2), the University has a DMCA Designated Agent for notice of alleged DMCA copyright infringement. You may contact the University DMCA Registered Agent at email address
or through the University DMCA Web site (http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/policy/dmca.html
To file a notice of infringement with University, the requirements specified in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 must be fulfilled. The text of this statute can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office web site, located at http://www.copyright.gov
This Web site may include links to other World Wide Web sites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by University with respect to the linked site or its provider.
The University makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked web site: your use of any linked web site is solely at your own risk.
10. Jurisdiction and Venue.
This Agreement and the relationship between you and the University will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that venue with respect to any dispute between you and the University will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
From timetotime, The University may change this Web site and/or the Terms and Conditions of using it. If a change to these Terms and Conditions is made, the University will post the revised Terms and Conditions on this Web site. The University reserves the right to add to or change this Web site or cease offering this Web site at any time and without liability. The University reserves the right to refuse to offer access to this Web site and/or its content to anyone at anytime without notice.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University relating to this Web site. There is no agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between any user and the University arising solely through the use of this Web site. These Terms and Conditions are binding upon your successors, assigns, heirs and executors. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of the University to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or condition. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Web site or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles of these Web site Terms and Conditions of Use are merely for convenience and will not have any effect on the substantive meaning of this Agreement.
13. Your Responsibility
The internet is a valuable tool for the University’s teaching and learning mission. The University encourages you to be mindful of the intent and purpose of its Web sites and be responsible for safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
- If under the age of 18: Some internet sites may ask you to share information about yourself. Before sending any information about yourself over the internet to the University or anyone else, be sure to ask your parents for permission.
- If under the age of 13: If you are under the age of 13, your parent/legal guardian will need to verify that they permit you to disclose personally identifiable information via the respective University website.
- Parents/Legal Guardians. The University encourages you take an active role in your children’s use of the internet by talking with them about safe and responsible safeguards before sending any information about themselves over the internet.
Children Under the Age of 13: If your child is under the age of 13, we request that you review the website and follow requested verification procedures before permitting your child to enter personally identifiable information onto the website.
The University of Washington may block, suspend, or terminate your use of the Web site at any time for any reason. Reasons the University might do so include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) the University is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) the University believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to the University or other users of this Web site; (d) routine network maintenance affecting all users; or (e) your use of this Web site or service in a manner that violates the law or University policies.