SSNet Curriculum Project (2008-2013)
The Curriculum and Program Development section of the 2008-09 Science Studies Network Proposal has more information about these initiatives.
For listings of STS courses that are or have been taught at the University of Washington, see:
We’ve been defining “science and technology studies” broadly, to include:
- history and philosophy of science, technology, and medicine;
- cultural studies of science, technology, and medicine;
- research ethics, equity issues in the sciences, and science/technology policy.
Curriculum Town Hall Meeting
At this year’s Curriculum Town Hall meeting, on January 12, 2009, we discussed the following:
- existing STS programs: updates on the Bothell STS track, Integrated Science program, HPS
- catalog of STS courses
- navigational tools: outline of WIKI design
- graduate certificate: discussion of Graduate School program requirements and models for an STS certificate [ Certificate Proposal Handout]
- core STS courses: discussion of the prospects for developing a suite of core courses to support a graduate certificate and enrich undergraduate offerings
For more information about the results of this meeting, contact the SSNet organizers.