TLC-ART’s Platform technology intends to provide a single long-acting injection containing appropriate drug combinations targeted to HIV host cells and tissues in order to provide sustained exposures. Consistent drug exposures in HIV host cells in the tissues that harbor residual viruses may overcome drug insufficiency often experienced by patients taking daily oral medications.
We plan to test the hypothesis that overcoming drug insufficiency and limit sustained tissue exposures could lead to a functional cure with the help of immune recovery of HIV patients on cART. For additional detail please see the following list of published concept review articles.
Concept Review Article List
1. Drug Targeting in Nanomedicine and NanoPharmacy: A Systems Approach. In Nanopharmacy: Nanotechnology-Based Production of Pharmaceuticals, Ho RJY, McConnachie and L., Shao J. 2016. Wiley-VH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim, Germany.
2. Translation of Combination Nanodrugs into Nanomedicines: Lessons Learned and Future. Mu Q, Yu J, McConnachie LA, Kraft JC, Gao Y, Gulati GK and Ho RJY. 2017. Outlook. J. Drug Target Dec 29: 1-31.
3. Systems Approach to targeted and long-acting HIV/AIDS therapy. Ho RJY, Yu J, Li B, Kraft JC, Freeling JP, Koehn J, Shao J. 2015. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 5(6):531-9.
4. Nanodrug formulations to enhance HIV drug exposure in lymphoid tissues and cells: clinical significance and potential impact on treatment and eradication of HIV/AIDS. Shao J, Kraft JC, Li B, Yu J, Freeling J, Koehn J, Ho RJY. 2016. Nanomedicine (Lond). 11(5):545-564.
5. Lymphatic drug insufficiency and its link to HIV persistence: Drug particles may overcome limited drug exposure and residual HIV. Freeling, JP and Ho, RJY. 2014. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 1111: E2512-3, doi10.107
6. Antiretroviral nanoparticles: the future is now: authors’ response to editorial comments. Freeling JP and Ho RJY. 2015. 29(7):863-4.
7. Emerging research and clinical development trends of liposome and lipid nanoparticle drug delivery systems. Kraft, JC, Freeling, JP, Wang, Z and Ho, RJY, 2014. J Pharm Sci 103: 29-52, doi: 10.1002/jps.23773, [Epub ahead of print].
8. Recent developments of nanotherapeutics for long-acting, combination and targeted HIV chemotherapy. Guo Y, Kraft JC, Yu, D, and Ho RKY 2018. Eu J Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2018.04.014