The BRTC has a long history of commitment to conducting rigorous science, training clinician-scholars, pulling together collaborative scientific communities, and disseminating science-based treatments to mental health professionals in the community. All donations will be used in support of the BRTC’s mission. Specifics examples include sponsoring pilot research, supporting training opportunities for promising young scientists, or dissemination of findings.
The BRTC fundraising campaign supports the following initiatives:
- BRTC Clinic Infrastructure to allow us to better serve individuals with severe and complex disorders, including Borderline Personality disorder, suicidal behaviors and drug addiction.
- Treatment development of Stage II Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to reduce the excruciating sense of emptiness and incompleteness and the state of “quiet desperation” so typical of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Strategic Planning Meetings (SPM) bringing together international groups of senior scientists and their students and junior colleagues to develop collaborative research to advance treatment development.
- DBT certification to continue to develop components of the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification program.
- Web-Based Data Management Systems to facilitate research across multiple sites and to allow community mental health sites to both enter data and receive real-time feedback to improve treatment.