Christopher J. Lebron, assistant professor of philosophy and African American studies at Yale University, will deliver the first WISIR Distinguished Lecture of the 2015-2016 academic year on Monday, November 2 at 12:00 p.m. in the Smith Room of Suzzallo Library (Room 324). The title of Lebron’s lecture is “Black Love and Black Rage in America: The Burden of Hope.” Lebron is the author of The Color of Our Shame: Race and Justice in Our Time (Oxford University Press, 2013). He is currently at work on a second book entitled The Making of ‘Black Lives Matter’: A Brief History of an Idea (under contract, Oxford University Press). His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, Theory & Event, and Critical Philosophy of Race.
Recent Posts Extra
- Histories of Racial Capitalism: Empire, Policing, & Resistance October 26, 2018
- Trevor Logan — Wednesday, October 17th, 11:30-1pm October 12, 2018
- Charles Mills to Lecture On Liberalism and Racial Justice May 6, 2018
- SHIREEN HASSIM TO LECTURE ON WINNIE MANDELA AND RACIAL CAPITALISM May 2, 2018
- Tianna Paschel to Lecture on Racialization in Latin America April 2, 2018
African American Politics Announcement Capitalism Christopher J. Lebron Empire Events Fellowships Grant Competition History Immigration Jane Junn Kirstine Taylor Latino Politics Megan Ming Francis Michael C. Dawson News Panels Policing Race Race and Capitalism Resistance Sawyer Series Sophia Wallace